Developing the total man in developing countries
- PROTECTIVE: Man needs protection against development challenges.
- PREVENTIVE: Development challenges can be prevented, avoided and minimized.
- CURATIVE: Rather than apply palliative and cosmetic measures to alleviate development challenges, they can be tackled from their root causes to secure their cure.
- REHABILITATIVE: Rehabilitative programmes help people to contain the effects of development challenges.
- RE-INTEGRATIVE: The rehabilitated people need to be re-settled and re-integrated into the mainstream of the societal system.
The Welfare & Industrial Promotions (WIPRO) International was founded on 28 February 1998 in Enugu, Nigeria by a group of 15 visionaries (men and women) who had passion for developing the total man by confronting the abounding development challenges in developing countries. The Organization was registered (RC No. 13767) with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria as a charity non-governmental organization (NGO) in May 2001, with its head-office at The Eastern Nigeria Industrial Estate, 30 Zik Avenue, Uwani-Enugu, Enugu State, South-East, Nigeria.
WIPRO International has conducted hundreds of national and international researches, conferences, workshops, training, public lectures, arts exhibitions, etc. mostly in collaboration with national and international organizations, such as the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN), State Governments, Department for International Development (DFID), Alliance Francaise (AF), and civil society organisations.
Research-based publications of WIPRO International include:
- Sustainable Human Development Review (an international development multidisciplinary research journal)
- Journal of Applied Sciences and Development (an international science in development multidisciplinary research journal)
- Technoscience Review (an international science and technology research journal)
Tertiary education books
- Studies on methods and analyses of vegetation
- Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Fundamentals of Environmental Chemistry
- Development Scientology
- Poverty, gender, children and development: Basic readings for tertiary institutions
- Soap and Soap-Kindred Products Industries
- A Guide for the Paint Maker
- Small and Medium Enterprises in South-East Nigeria: Problems and Solutions
- Welfare and Industrial Companion: A Production and Management Manual for the Home, Farm & Industry
- A Tear for the Nigerian Child of 1990s
- Most Enterprising Project Digest Volumes 1
- Most Enterprising Project Digest Volumes 2.
In 1998, UNICEF recommended WIPRO International to the Federal Ministry of Women Affairs (FMWA) of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) as “a credible N.G.O. solid on ground for national assignment.” In 2000, UNICEF Nigeria A Field Office recommended WIPRO International as a possible representative of the African NGOs at the United Nations General Assembly Special Session Preparatory Committee Meeting. WIPRO International won the award of “Vibrant/Hardworking Child Focused NGO” of the year 2006 by FGN.
WIPRO International operates US$ domiciliary and Naira bank accounts that are audited periodically by external auditors. The Organisation is managed by a Management Team headed by WIPRO International founder, President and Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Onyenekenwa Cyprian Eneh, who is a Senior Research Fellow / Senior Lecturer with the renowned Research Institute, the Institute for Development Studies, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus, Enugu, Nigeria. Dr. Eneh is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Chemists of Nigeria (FICCON, C.Chem) and Fellow of the Chemical Society of Nigeria (FCSN), Member of the Nigerian Institute of Management (MNIM) and many international learned societies, including the International Academy of African Business and Development (MIAABD), International Society for Markets and Development (MISMD), African Technology Policy Studies (MATPS) Network, Pan African Chemistry Network (MPACN) Kenya, Institute of Brewing London (MIOB), and Incorporated Brewers Guild London (MIBG). Members of the Board of Trustees of WIPRO International include Prof. (Rev.) E.O. Ukaejiofo (former Dean, Faculty of Health Science and Technology, College of Medicine, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus) other crack academics and astute administrators and managers.
Current projects of WIPRO International include:
- Research mentoring workshops for early-career academics in Nigerian universities and polytechnics
- MDG 2009-2015 Projects Monitoring in Enugu State
- Publishing of Journals and Books
- Scholarship awards
WIPRO International welcomes collaboration with government and non-governmental research and development organizations.
- President and Chief Executive Officer - Onyenekenwa Cyprian Eneh, Ph.D. (academic/industrialist), Senior Research Fellow / Senior Lecturer, Institute for Development Studies, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus, Enugu, Enugu State, South-East, Nigeria.
- Vice President - Prof. (Rev.) Ernest Okemefuna Ukaejiofo (academic/administrator), Former Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences, College of Medicine, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus, Enugu, Enugu State, South-East, Nigeria and Retired Archdeacon (Evangelism), Enugu Diocese, Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion).
- Secretary - Lady Agnes Uzoamaka Okonkwo, M.Ed. (industrialist/administrator), Managing Director, Aniuzo International Limited, Emene-Enugu, Enugu State, South-East, Nigeria.
- Treasurer - Dr. Amuche Ngozi Eneh, PhD (educationist/administrator) – Supervising Principal, Post Primary Schools Management Board, Enugu, Enugu State, South-East, Nigeria.
- Member - Mrs. Victoria Chinwe Ibezi (Retired Nurse, UK).
- Member - Dr. Ijeoma Chiedozie Nzelu, Ph.D. (academic/administrator), Head of Department of Food Science & Technology, Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Anambra State, South-East, Nigeria.
- Dr. Onyenekenwa Cyprian Eneh, Ph.D. - President and Chief Executive Officer
- Mrs. Harriet Chidiebere Okoro, M.Sc. - Project Director
- Mrs. Ekene Emeka-Owoh, M.Sc. (PhD in view) - Programme Manager
Three (3) Programme Officers:
5. Mrs. Fausta I. Ogbuefi-Chima, M.Sc. (PhD in view)
6. Mr. Charles C. Eze, M.Sc. (PhD in view)
7. Mr. Cosmas S.I. Eneonwo, M.Sc. (PhD in view)